Stratford Cruises into Regional Finals with 53-Sixteen Win over New De…

ページ情報

照会 202回 作成日: 23-11-26 05:53

본문

The Stratford Elks continued their season lengthy roll with a 53-sixteen win over New Deal on Friday evening at Dick Bivins Stadium. The victory advances Stratford to the class 2A Division I regional finals and strikes its document to 13-0 on the season.

As common, Bryce Braden was the catalyst for the effort. The 2-means star scored three touchdowns while speeding for 142 yards in the first half on offense to go along with an interception on protection earlier than sitting out the second half with an damage. The staff stated the decision to sit Braden was purely precautionary and the belief is he'll be good to go moving ahead.

Along with Braden, the defense as an entire unit stood out. The D held New Deal to 113 whole yards, forced 5 turnovers and did not permit any factors until the fourth quarter.

"It took a very good effort from our protection to start out with," Stratford head coach Jon Murphy mentioned. "I believe having a bit of efficiency in the run sport in the first half (helped us win). Gosh, we made some mistakes and we need to get higher at a number of things however I was actually pleased with how our children responded to a few of that stuff."

Santiago Ibarra (90 speeding yards, one TD), Israel Licon (77 rushing yards, two TDs) and Julio Valdez (165 complete yards and one TD) all contributed as effectively.

For brand new Deal, there have been some bright spots. David Aguirre returned an interception for a touchdown and in addition returned a blocked further level attempt for two. Head coach Matt Hill was complimentary of his crew's effort.

"We simply instructed them we admire the journey they brought us on this 12 months," he said. "It did not finish like we wanted it to, however these kids fought via some adversity early in the season so we're simply proud that they came together.

In case you loved this article and you would want to be given more details with regards to wanted win review generously stop by the webpage.